Oral Cancer Screening
We have a genuine concern for your overall health and well-being. It’s because of this that we invest in state-of-the-art oral cancer screening technology to ensure your health for life.
Did you know that in the United States, one person dies every hour from oral cancer? Oral cancer has a cure rate of more than 80 percent—if it is detected and treated early. The mortality rates are high because diagnoses come too late. Very few patients are properly screened by their dentists. At our practice, we perform an oral cancer screening with every exam. Five minutes could save your health. It could save your life.
- Unexplained bleeding
- Numbness, loss of feeling, or pain in sections of the mouth
- Difficulty chewing or swallowing
- Ear pain
- Persistent sore throat
- Development of white, red or speckled patches in the mouth
- Swelling, thickening, lumps, bumps, rough patches and growths
Oral cancer typically affects:
- Front 2/3 of the tongue
- Lining of the cheeks and lips
- Floor of mouth under the tongue
- Roof of the mouth
- Small area behind the wisdom teeth
- Minor salivary glands
Oral cancer is typically treated first with surgery and also with the help of oncologists. Each case varies. If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms, please call our office to schedule a screening and consultation.
We hope to catch things before they become a real problem, and we need your help! Be sure to come in for every 6-month checkup for preventive care. Especially in the case of oral cancer, prevention is your best option.